Home Staging: An Expert Guide for a Quick Sale!
Congratulations! If you have come this far, you have probably gone through a long and complicated process to decide to sell your house. Good news! Here you will find an expert guide for a quick sale! Sell your home today!
Now a fundamental point in your process has arrived. It’s time to make your home look astonishing for any potential buyer. That’s where home staging comes in. Go ahead and enjoy this quick guide to home staging. Learn what to do and not to do, how to stage room by room and more!
What is home staging?
Home staging highlights your home’s most appealing features so that as many potential buyers as possible can see themselves living there. Home staging is a marketing tactic. It is the process of adding and rearranging furniture and decor. It is improving the curb appeal. It’s doing whatever it takes to get a house ready to sell quickly and for the maximum profit. This is why home staging is so important. According to the National Association of REALTORS1 (NAR) 82 percent of buyer’s agents stated staging a home made it simpler for a buyer to imagine the property as a future home. The statistics show that house staging is a widespread and effective industry technique that professionals are willing to spend money on.
What are your home staging options?
Normally, you will have three options: First, do it yourself—a fine option to stay on budget. Getting your real estate agent to do it or help you with some advice is always a good choice to hear some different opinions. Lastly, hire a professional home stager to do it all for you. Which type of staging you need depends on your budget and preferences; in this guide, we will focus on do-it-yourself options.
How do I Stage my house myself? How much will cost?
In order to save money and time, the tasks that you might need to do will include a wide range of repairs and home design. It is really common in real estate to run inspections on your house before the sale, so doing this before starting the home staging will save you time, money, and stress in the future.
Some complicated tasks may appear with the inspection report. With this, you will understand the general shape of your property; hopefully the foundations, structure, roof, and all the points the inspector checks will be fine. If not, it’s fundamental to take care of this issues with the right professionals before moving on.
Once all the inspections and major repairs are done, the easy tasks will come: rearranging furniture, removing personal photographs and décor, installing new curtains and cushions, repainting, touching up the walls, and a lot of cleaning. You may also add personal touches like fresh flowers and house plants, and make your home smell great (candles a diffusers).
Now let’s talk about the cost. Apart from the cost of the repairs due to the inspection findings, the cost of stagging your home will vary according to your budget and your ideas. We often recommend an initial consultation with a professional that costs around $200. After that, you will have fresh ideas and an initial concept in order to start thinking about each room’s design.
Home Stagging process room by room.
- Living room: Create a Welcoming Space. Arrange furniture to create an inviting conversation area, remove clutter, and add tasteful decor. A cozy and clutter-free living room helps buyers envision themselves living in the space, making them more likely to make an offer.
- Kitchen: Showcase Cleanliness and Functionality. Clear countertops, clean appliances, and add a bowl of fresh fruit or flowers for a pop of color. The kitchen is a focal point for many buyers. A clean and organized kitchen suggests that the home is well-maintained and ready for move-in.
- Dining Room: Set the Table for a Feast. Set the dining table with attractive place settings and a centerpiece. A beautifully set table adds warmth and elegance to the dining room, helping buyers imagine hosting gatherings in the space.
- Bedrooms: Create a Relaxing Retreat. Make the beds with fresh linens, declutter nightstands, and add soft lighting. Bedrooms should feel like tranquil retreats. Well-made beds and a clutter-free environment contribute to this ambiance.
- Bathrooms: Promote Cleanliness and Serenity. Clean thoroughly, replace worn- out fixtures, and add fluffy towels and scented candles. Clean and updated bathrooms signal that the home has been well cared for, and a spa-like atmosphere can be very appealing.
- Outdoor Spaces: Create an Outdoor Oasis. Set up outdoor furniture, clean the patio or deck, and add potted plants. Outdoor living areas are increasingly popular. A well-staged outdoor space can expand a home’s appeal and functionality
We wish you the best in your process to sell your home. Rest assured that following these tips your house will sell fast and at an incredible price. If you need more help, advice or consultation do not hesitate to contact us, we are always here to help you.
Back to Blog